Question : Problem: Engineering Sample, Intel T2600 Processor.  Should I be worried about this processor

Hello,

I bought a used processor online.  I was told by the seller that this is a used processor that came out of a Dell E1405 laptop.

The picture of the processor shows these codes:
LF80539 ---
7530A491 QHJJ ES

I have found out that this processor is an engineering sample.  The seller says that it both came out of a laptop and is an engineering sample.  I don't understand how a Dell laptop could have an engineering sample processor in it?  I'm an engineer and have worked for a company that does ultra-sonic inspection systems for Intel and other folks, so it leaves me worried that an engineering sample may have problems with it and that's why intel made it a sample.

All that said, the seller is very knowledgable and helpful.  The processor is currently in shipping to me.  Should I be worried that this processor is an engineering sample, or does it really not matter.  

Anyhelp experts?

Thanks,

Brandon

Answer : Problem: Engineering Sample, Intel T2600 Processor.  Should I be worried about this processor

If the CPU is working well, it's no problem that it's an engineering sample.   That just means it is unlocked (allows "tweaking").   As long as it wasn't damaged through "tweaking" (overclocking, etc.) it's fine => and if it's working then it's okay.   How it got in a Dell laptop is another question --> perhaps the seller installed it in that to test it;  but as long as it's working, it's fine.    ... nothing to worry about :-)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us