Question : Problem: Faint Greyish Fonts with smudgy Edges on iMac

I am new to apple. I have recently bought a 24" iMac. Whilst I am impressed with a lot of its features, I have found one thing rather disappointing. The fonts, in all iMac applications, appear grey rather than black and they have blurry and smudgy edges. This applies whether you see them in iWorks, Pages, iMac's email application or Safari Web Browser.
Compared to this the fonts in my Windows PC for which I use 24" Dell Ultra sharp Monitor appear very black and sharp, almost like they would appear on paper.
Being new to Apple, I am not sure if this is related to how Mac Operating System renders fonts in General, or whether it is an issue specific to the Apple Software that I am using or whether it is because the iMac Monitor is not as good in quality as my 24" Dell Ultra sharp monitor.Please let me know if I can expect more sharp and dark fonts if I install Windows on this iMac.

Answer : Problem: Faint Greyish Fonts with smudgy Edges on iMac

Can you take snapshot of your screen .. one with the screengrab option in OSX (CMD+ALT+3) and also a digital photograph of your screen and post them here.

OSX and Apple's were (and still are to a large extent) the preferred platform for DTP and graphic work so you should and CAN expect the font display on OSX to be excellent.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us