Question : Problem: Changing size of partition to use full capacity of HD

I have a second hd in my PC which is an 80gb drive. I previously formatted / partitioned it as 32Gb as the bios wouldn't recognise anything larger. I now have ugraded the bios and cannot figure out how to re-partition / re-format as 80gb. I have tried using fdisk to delete all the partitions, but the BIOS still just recognises it as 32gb. If I change the settings in the BIOS manually, running fdisk to create a partition still just shows it as 32gb. Using the IBM utility DiscWizard, will not let me access more than 32gb either. Please help - I hope I haven't lost the chance of using the full capacity of the drive!!!

Answer : Problem: Changing size of partition to use full capacity of HD

A simple Bios update won't always help recognize more drive space. There should be info with the the update which lets you know exactly what the update will do for you. You'll need to check that before you proceed. If you find that it should recognize the larger drive than try the suggestions already posted. If not, most drive manufacturers provide "drive overlay" software which will overcome that particular shortcoming of the BIOS. Go the the webiste of the drive maker and download their software. Follow the instructions for installation carefully.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us