Question : Problem: 50mm to 62.5/125 connectors any suggestions??

Alright I think im screwed but I want to make sure there is not a solution out there. I have 2 switches that i need to connect to each other via fiber optic. I got the to connect to each other using a fiber patch cable but when I tried to connect it to my long run it would not work. The patch cable that it worked on is a 62.5/125mm fiber cable while the fiber optic cable that I need to get working is a 50/125mm cable. I really hope that I can get the 50/125mm cable running because its a very long run that took me a week to run through our building and I really really don't want to do it again. I tested the cable and its fine but I believe the fiber transeivers are for 62.5/125mm on both my switchs or can u mix them?? My fiber cards in my swicthes say 850mm and not 62.5/125mm but it worked with that cable??? Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Joshua Jacobs

Answer : Problem: 50mm to 62.5/125 connectors any suggestions??

Looks to me that you are mixing multimode with single mode?!!  of so
then u have one option ,
1.change the fiber module to single mode or stronger laser like some one said.

2. else put a media convertor on both ends that suits the fiber backbone , connect the media convertor to ur switch using copper patch cord. this will cost u the cost ot 2 media convertor and 2 ethernet patch cords if  this has to come out of ur pocket with out bose knowing about.

More details about models numbers of  switch , fiber module , cable brand and model , type of connectors in fiber cables etc would help .. some one to figure out a solution for u.
good luck.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us