Question : Problem: Setting up a new sync to outlook

Hi there,
I have a pda that uses active sync to synchronise my calender events to my outlook 2003 on my laptop.  Of late it has nt been synchronising so I want to set it up again without deleting anything off my pda as this is the device that I use and is the one that is fully up t date.  

What do i have to do to start the sync again from my pda to my outlook without losing any data..?

Thanks

Phil

Answer : Problem: Setting up a new sync to outlook

If you delete a partnership on the device it deletes any data synced by that partnership - so if they are items created on the phone they SHOULD be safe - but if they were synced across deleting the partnership will delete the items.

What you should be able to do is create a second sync partnership as the device can support 2 PCs, or 1 Pc and 1 Exchange connection. Once you are satisfied that your data is sitting safely in outlook you can delete the partnerships and then re-sync again and everything should be fine.

Make sure you backup your outlook PST file though - its always better to be safe than sorry with these things
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us