Question : Problem: RDP wireless printing

Does wireless printing through MS Remote Desktop Connection work well?  At the remote office I have a wireless network with two XP Pro workstations.  I would like to setup these workstations to share a wireless printer - something like HP 6980dt or 6988dt.  Which wireless printers work best?  I know I have to load the drivers at both the local computers and at the 2000 Terminal Server.  Does this work well?  How do the workstations find the printer while doing RDC - IP address or???  All info and help is greatly appreciated.  Lew

Answer : Problem: RDP wireless printing

Good question; personally I have never tried it. The RDP session connects to the shared printer name. In "theory" any printer visible in the clients Printers and Fax folder should show up in an RDP session, if you enable printers under local resources in the RDC, and you install the drivers on the server to which you are connecting.
Two  catches: are there drivers available for your printers for a 2000 server, and RDC does not like unusual connection or port types. 2003 handles it better, but it even has problems with many USB printers, especially multi-function units. If possible I would highly recommend testing this first, assuming the drivers are available.
For the record it will probably be more likely to work if you install the printer on a PC that is not going to connect to the server using RDP, share it, then connect the computer that is going to connect to the terminal server to the share. Shared printers are often less problematic.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us