Question : Problem: How do I stop a Dual-NIC DNS server from registering duplicate host names on the network?

I have a Windows Server 2003 Standard domain controller which also runs DNS and DHCP. The server has 2 NIC's, both on the same subnet, with different IP's. My problem is that I think it is causing a problem in DNS, because both IP's are registering the same host name in DNS. I already statically entered a different host name in DNS for the second NIC, but the real server host name still gets registered automatically by the server, causing duplicate host names. How do I keep the second NIC from registering the same name in DNS as the first NIC? I would rather not change the configuration at this time of the subnets or IP's.

Answer : Problem: How do I stop a Dual-NIC DNS server from registering duplicate host names on the network?

Disable one of the Server's NIC's. There is no point of having 2 NIC's in the same subnet. What you could try instead, if you have a smart switch and the NIC's on the server allow for that, setup the NIC's for failover.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us