Question : Problem: Need missing hpqgends.tmp file for Scanjet 3570c (plus warning)

My Scanjet 3570c was working properly until I followed a tip to remove all "*.tmp" files (ironically, to clear up some space for some large scans). Unfortunately, this appears to have removed a necessary file from the HP drivers. Now when I try to use the scanner, it attempts to reinstall the hardware, and gets caught in an endless loop looking for the file buried deep in the HP drivers:
C:\col3927\hpsw\program files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Migrate\hpqgends.tmp

HP's solution is to download the updated driver file (12 Nov 2003, rev 2.0, 232MB) and reinstall. However, on my dial-up line, this will take ~15 hours and comes with the (to me, useless) "Memories Disc" software bundled into it. I had a copy on a CD from a friend's high-speed connection but the CD has become corrupted.

Can anyone provide me with a copy of the hpqgends.tmp file or point me to where I could download it?

Answer : Problem: Need missing hpqgends.tmp file for Scanjet 3570c (plus warning)

PAQed with points refunded (125)

modulo
Community Support Moderator
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us