Question : Problem: Mouse Speed on Laptop with Touchpad and Logitech mouse using  Setpoint software

I have a laptop, and I usuallly use a revolution logitech mouse, and the logitech works fine.  When I use the touchpad the speed it way to slow.  It takes several strokes across the touch pad to make it accross the screen.  I can change the mouse speed in the control panel, but that also changes the speed of the logitech.  Is there a way to have seperate speeds for each piece of hardware?  I am using XP with logitech setpoint software, and a Dell Vostro with a symnaptics touchpad.    

Answer : Problem: Mouse Speed on Laptop with Touchpad and Logitech mouse using  Setpoint software

Have you tried adjusting it using the synaptics control panel ? It should be in the lower right hand corner next to the clock this is installed by default on all dells

If it is not there you may need to load it it should be available on dells support website or you may need to get it from here http://www.synaptics.com/support/index.cfm
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us