Question : Problem: HP Monitor - Input Not Supported

Hello, i hope you can help me.
Yesterday i turned off my computer and and took the cable from the Monitor to the computer out, to use it to see movies on my lcd-tv in the livingroom via my laptop. I've done it several times before, but this time my girlfriend turned on the computer without the cable to the monitor. I turned it off and plugged the cable back in to the computer and monitor. And here started the problems; after the computer boots up, the screen goes black after the Windows XP start up, just before the log-in site. and a message blinks on the screen saying "ATTENTION - Input Not Supported" I searched the internet for similar problems and it haven't helped. I've tried to boot in VGA Mode and the refresh rate is 60 Hz, but when i change the resolution to anything, the screen just goes blank again and comes with the message about input not supported.
Sorry if i'm a little hard to understand, but i'm from Denmark and my Windows XP is on Danish and its a bit difficult to translate computer language to english (:

Rune Knudsen,
Denmark

Answer : Problem: HP Monitor - Input Not Supported

Gosh, that's bizarre. Maybe remove your graphics driver - that should force it to use the windows generic driver (limited to 640x480 and 16 colors), and then try reinstalling the driver?

I'm really not sure. Maybe you want to wait for more responses - but that's my only other idea.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us