Question : Problem: DTE V.24 (RS-232) Clocks Stopped.

I am using a CISCO 2600 Series Router,lately we sign up for an additional 2MBPS Leased Line,after I configure the Serial 0/1 link with an IP address and subnet mask,I get the message "Serial 0/1 is up,line protocol is down". If I shutdown the link and up it again,the line protocol will up for a while and changes state to down in a while. I run a "sh controllers s0/1" and I get the message  "DTE V.24 (RS-232) Clocks Stopped". I am using a DTE V.24 cable from the leased line modem to the serial port. This cable is supplied by our vendors. Please help.

Thank You.

Answer : Problem: DTE V.24 (RS-232) Clocks Stopped.

If the line protocol is down, this means that your router's CSU/DSU is not syncing with the router on the other side. This can be a config problem or an issue with the line itself. Everytime I've had this issue on my p2p T1, it's been misconfigured by the telco. You might try configuring the line clock to be internal, also check your encapsulation. Your line provider should be able to provide you with the proper config info.

In my experience, it is always better to talk to the network people at the telcos rather than the customer service people. Although customer service is always the first people you talk to, to get real help you'll need to bypass them. It sounds like this is a new line so maybe you can talk to somebody in "bring-ups". Generally these people know what they are doing.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us