Question : Problem: Citrix Web Interface - printing/creating pdf from Great Plains

New windows 2003 server, with Citrix Access Suite 4.0 installed. Web interface installed, two published apps, Great Plains and Outlook 2003. Adobe 6.0 (full version) installed.

I have a user who can connect to the citrix server using a dekstop client, and be presented with a citrix desktop. She can then launch Great Plains and everything works. One feature in great plains is to send a report via email as a pdf file. this works fine from her citrix desktop.

Same user goes to the web interface for the same citrix server. Great Plains works in every aspect except when she goes to email a report as a pdf file.

An error occurs "when you create a postscript file you have to send the host fonts. Please go to the printer properties, "adobe pdf settings" page and turn off the option "do not send fonts to distiller".

Remember, this function works when she uses the citrix desktop instead of the web interface, for teh same server. I have checked the citrix desktop printer settings for "Adobe PDF" (there is no distiller printer) and the option is turned off (unchecked) as requested. i have checked the local pc printer settings (the pc she is using to access GP via citrix) for adobe pdf and the checkbox is also unchecked.

Why am i getting an error and being told to uncheck a checkbox in the adobe printer settings, when the checkbox is in fact unchecked? why is this only happening via the web interface? What printer is the web interface connection looking for if not the adobe printer on the citrix server or the adobe printer on the local pc?

Perhaps pertinent info, it seems that if i log on to the web interface as the user, but log in to Great Plains as the SA (sql admin), the emailing a report as a pdf function works. it would appear that it does not matter who is logged on via the web interface, only the GP login "SA" is able to perform the function, but logging into GP via citrix desktop as the user, or any user, works. So the question could also be why is the "SA" user the only user able to send a report as a pdf from within Great Plains, accessed via the web interface?

Answer : Problem: Citrix Web Interface - printing/creating pdf from Great Plains

We have had various issues with Adobe PDF on MF1.8 and PS3. We were told that we needed to use the volume licensed version of Adobe Acrobat on PS3, so we are running Acrobat 7 there.

I have seen cases with Adobe 6 where the Citrix app tries to use the client "Adobe PDF" printer, and the handshaking falls apart, leaving the job unfinished in the client queue. You may be seeing a similar handshaking situation, but it may be failing earlier in a request for properties.

However, your last paragraph makes it sound like the GP application may be doing something wacky.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us