Question : Problem: PDFCreator in Citrix environment

PDFCreator is a printer driver that converts any document to PDF format when the user prints to it.

How can I prove that this open-source application is safe to use in a Citrix environment? Whats involved to "certify" or some way prove that this printer driver is safe to use. Im not sure what the usual process is to do this.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator

Answer : Problem: PDFCreator in Citrix environment

I've found that many attempts to save money by going with free or cheaper alternatives to standard programs don't save you money in the long run, as you spend your savings in things like certification testing or troubleshooting.

We use Adobe Acrobat 7.0 for our Citrix users, restricting access to the licensed users who need to generate PDFs.

If I were going to use something else, I would need to certify that it is an acceptable PDF substitute in a stand-alone environment (generates valid PDFs, with comparable size, and viewable in various versions of Adobe Reader). I would then validate it in the Citrix environment but printing variations of output from every application that would be using the PDFCreator. Test both small single-page things, along with multi-page output. Especially test concurrent usage by multiple users.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us