Question : Problem: XP PC to SOny Bravia

Hi,
I have connected my laptop's external monitor port to our Sony Bravia KDS-S2010 LCD television. I extended the the Windows desktop onto the Sony Bravia, and currently have a movie playing there in iTunes.

Under display settings, the second monitor shows as "Default Monitor on Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME graphics controller". I am wondering if it is possible to get XP to recognize the Sony for what it is, and if that might the picture quality or resolution. If so how would I achieve this?

Also, it is working fine now as it is better than watching the movie on the laptop screen, but is there a better way to go about this to allow me to get the picture to take up the full screen or get higher resolution. Right now 1024x768 is the max.

Thanks for any help.

Answer : Problem: XP PC to SOny Bravia

Then all you can do is right click your desktop, select "Properties", "Settings", and if your Display's resolution isn't listed under resolution, select the resolution that is closest to but lower than your Display's resolution. You could also ask sony if they don't have an XP driver for it.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us