Question : Problem: Need Dell battery

I am looking to buy a new battery for my dell e1505. I have had this laptop for just over 2 years and the battery life has decreased about 1 1/2 hours since i got it. I see all kinds of deals on ebay and other online stores selling "replacement batteries" but i do not think that they are the original dell brand. Does that make a difference? here are some specs from one of the batteries i found in a store
- Rating: 11.1V
- Capacity: 6600 mAh
- Size: 8.25" x 4.68" x 0.88"
- Color: Black
- Technology: Lithium-Ion
- Contacts: 9 Position
- Condition: Brand New
Also is there a way that dell would send me a new battery because i AM still under an accidental warranty?
Do you have any suggestions about where i can find a 9 cell battery compatible for my laptop for around $100? (The dell batteries are $300 on the dell website)

Answer : Problem: Need Dell battery

No, it does not have to be a dell branded battery, however, it does need to be specifically made for that laptop.  Here's one I found:

http://www.ebuybatteries.com/product/laptop_batteries/Dell/Dell-I-312-0428.htm

It's the same capacity as the one you have.  I checked their reseller rating, and they're legit.

I would seriously avoid buying one from eBay.  There is so much counterfeit and fraudulent electronics on eBay that you just can't trust them anymore.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us