Question : Problem: Where to find BIOS Firmware upgrade to enable laptop to accept 1 GB of ram

Hi,

This question is with regards to my personal antique Acer C100 Tablet notebook. The RAM on this laptop is bog standard 256 Mb, it is currenlty running Windows XP tablet edition but the laptop runs very slow, due to the lack of RAM. I had ordered a RAM upgrade of 1GB, I have received the RAM, but when I insert it into the laptop it only detects 128 MB of RAM. I  have asked around and also checked a few forums, and I have learnt that the BIOS firmware only allows a maximum of 256 Mb of RAM.

My friend has a similar laptop and hius one can take 1Gb of RAM. He told me he had downloaded a firmware upgrade, and it allowed his laptop to take 1 Gb, I have searched all over and am unable to find it. Can you guys help me resolve this or have you heard if this is possible.

Your help will be most appreciated in this matter, by the way I know my laptop is very old, but its my darling cos of its size.

Answer : Problem: Where to find BIOS Firmware upgrade to enable laptop to accept 1 GB of ram

Here it is: http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/tm_c100.html

You can find it further down the page under "BIOS and Guides"

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us