Question : Problem: Site to Site VPN using Linksys RV042

We've got an urgent problem.  We've got two sites, each with a T1 to the internet.  The main site has about 200 network devices hooked up to it, multiple subnets, wireless bridges linking some other remote sites together, etc.  Lots of stuff going on there.  We need to hook up a remote location through the internet via vpn so the remote site will be able to access the devices on the subnet at the main site.  We've got two Linksys RV042 VPN routers.  However, I don't know if these are going to do what we need to do.  After spending over an hour on the phone with Linksys, it appears the only way they will work is if we plug the Internet port on the Linksys VPN routers directly into the T1 routers on either side.  Now at the remote site, there will only be about 25 network devices and just one subnet, so it wouldn't be a big deal to have the T1 router plug into the linksys, then into their network switch.  But at the main location, the T1 router has all kinds of rules for port forwarding and routing all the subnets together.  There's no way we could plug the linksys in between the router and the rest of the network.  I don't even think the Linksys could handle that amount of routing and traffic anyway.  And if we plug the internet port on the RV042 and the lan port into the same switch at the main site, that seems to create some sort of looping problem, as I thought it might.  We can get the VPN link from site to site established but we can't access the local networks from either side.

So our problem is... we need to figure out how to link the two sites via vpn without disturbing the network at the main site.  The main location has a Cisco 2600 T1 router and the remote site has a Cisco 1700 T1 router.  Neither one has VPN capabilities as far as I can tell.  I was hoping we'd be able to just plug some kind of device into the switch at the main site and just have it create the bridge that way.  We've got three wireless links at this location that work that way, we just plug the wireless bridge into the switch on either side of the link and the networks are just all connected.  I thought the VPN could work the same way.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as we're under a time crunch to get this thing working asap.

Answer : Problem: Site to Site VPN using Linksys RV042

Dagggum it...if it ain't one thing, it's another.  I think the idea to split the subnet and assign it to the E 1/0 / RV042 will work...
Try setting up a 2nd tunnel on the peer RV042, with peer ID 10.241.182.239

OR:

Change the e0/0 address mask:
     Ethernet 0/0
     ip address 64.1.246.34 255.255.255.248 secondary
   Ethernet 1/0
     ip address 64.1.246.41 255.255.255.248

RV042 = 64.1.246.42

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us