Question : Problem: Active Sync Error

Hey guys,

One of my users approached me today with an error that he's been receiving since 6/16 when trying to use active sync for his outlook.  The error looks something like this:

Your account in Microsoft Exchange server does not have permission to synchronize with your current settings. Support code: 0x85010004

Does anyone have advice on how to fix this.  I've tried tinkering with some of the permissions on the server, but I've had no luck.  No one else seems to be having this issue either.

Thanks

Answer : Problem: Active Sync Error

you can try to remove the cert from the default website.  This is done by going back into Directory Security and clicking on server certificate and going through the wizard to remove.  this should then not require the default website to have a certificate.  You can always re-apply the cert by doing the same steps but choosing to assign an existing certificate.   You do want a certificate on the site though so this certainly is not a fix.

I also wouldn't do this unless it was affecting every user.  If the issue is with just one user then I would install the certificate on the users phone.  this link will walk you through that
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997575(EXCHG.80).aspx

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us