Question : Problem: NU DDW-082 DVD+-RW drive not being recognized in Windows XP

I recent upgraded my system to a P4 3.0ghz system, along with a new motherboard:  MSI i865PE Neo2.  For some strange reason, my system will not recognize my Nu DDW-082 DVD-+RW drive under Windows XP now.  I have run this burner under Windows XP before using my old P3 1ghz motherboard.  I thought that perhaps it was a hardware issue but the burner works perfectly under two different flavours of Linux and Windows 2000.  The system obviously detects the drive, and what's more is that I can even install a fresh version of XP using this drive, but once it actually boots into XP the first time, it is gone again.  Most times XP won't even boot with the drive installed.  Is there a driver that has to be loaded for this to work, or perhaps a driver that I need to uninstall due to conflicts?  I've tested this with the Philips DVD+RW 200 drive and that works fine.

Hardware is as follows:
System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INC.
       System Model: MS-6788
       MSI 865PE Neo-2 V
               BIOS: Version 1.00
          Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
             Memory: 1024MB RAM
Drive:  NU DDW-082 DVD-+RW

I've got it set up as Primary Slave, I've made sure that the jumpers are all correct.  I can't seem to find any reference to a similar issue.  

Answer : Problem: NU DDW-082 DVD+-RW drive not being recognized in Windows XP

DVD - Missing in the Device Manager

Start/Run/Regedit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}. Remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values completely from the above registry key.

T
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us