Question : Problem: ASUS P5Q3 Deluxe reboots itself in WinXP Pro

Hello folks,

I just purchased a computer without a harddrive, thinking I'd install my old harddrive without having to go thru all the re-install of softwares, etc.. Below are the specs:
---------------------------
- ASUS, P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP @n, LGA775, Intel P45, 1600MHz FSB, DDR3-2000 (O.C.) 16GB /4, PCIe x16 CF /4, SATA 3Gb/s RAID 5 /6+2, HDA, GbLAN /2, FW /2, WiFi, ATX
- INTEL, Core" 2 Duo E7300 Dual-Core, 2.66GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 3MB L2 Cache, 45nm, 65W, EM64T EIST XD
- CORSAIR, 2GB (2 x 1GB) XMS3 DHX PC3-12800 DDR3 1600MHz CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.8V SDRAM DIMM, Non-ECC
- LG ELECTRONICS, GGW-H20L Black 6x/8x/24x BD/DVD±RW/CD-RW Blu-ray Disc" Burner w/ Lightscribe, SATA
- XFX, GeForce 7600GS HDMI 400MHz, 256MB GDDR2 800MHz, PCIe x16 SLI, DVI, HDMI/ S-Video Out
----------------
I installed my old drive, did not get  errors, computer would recognize all components - and as soon as it passed the Windows XP Pro login screen - it'd reboot itself. I called ASUS, and they advised me to re-install fresh Windows on new harddrive - which I just finished doing so.

Yet, I am still getting same problem - the computer / Windows reboots itself after login screen.

Note, I did manage to install the latest Nvidia driver in "safe mode", which it does recognize since the screen comes up in high resolution. At this point, I am out of ideas - and would welcome any fresh inputs. Thanks in advance.

Answer : Problem: ASUS P5Q3 Deluxe reboots itself in WinXP Pro

Here is info from crash analysis. The process and module are the same in both files and are associated with Asus motherboard utilities (from a Google search). Apparently, you have either already installed motherboard drivers and utilities or did not do a clean install of XP and they are left over from previous install.

I have dinner in the oven and have to go. Will check back later.

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  9
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  COMMON_SYSTEM_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME:  SixEngine.exe

MODULE_NAME: ASACPI
IMAGE_NAME:  ASACPI.sys
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x7f_0_ASACPI+8db
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us