Question : Problem: I need to install a HP Officejet 7210 on a thin client. driver file to big

I am trting to setup the above printer on a thin client. It is running XP embedded. When I download the driver setup file and extract it, it baloons to nearly 200MB. I dont have that much space on the client.

I only need colour printing functionality. Someone suggested using a small driver from another HP inkjet product.

Any suggestions. I cant increase the storage capacity of the client.

Answer : Problem: I need to install a HP Officejet 7210 on a thin client. driver file to big

Connect the printer to a standard WinXP machine.  Install the basic driver.. after installed search the c:\windows\inf directory for an INF file that contains 7210.  From the list look for one that has HP in the name, find the one with Officejet 7210 in it and then go through the file and identify all the files it mentions.  Copy that inf file to the c:\windows\inf directory on the thin client, connect the printer, when it goes to install it should prompt you for files needed, you'll need to copy the files one by one from the standard xp machine to the thin client... if you manage all that it will probably print.  This should work provided HP hasn't done any other crazy crap.  I don't have one of those types of printers or I could go through it and provide you with steps.. good luck.  (FYI it might be eaiser to just get a Windows XP supported printer.  This is a reason why you should avoid buying an ALL-IN-ONE printer unless it's to be used only on a PC and very low usage.  These devices are generally hard to support, unreliable, and the ink is overly priced)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us