Question : Problem: Adding a second sbs exchange account to a mobile 6 device.

Hello,

I'm trying to add a second sbs exchange account to my mobile 6 device.  I know I can't add it through outlook, but rather via pop on the device.  Is there a more recommended way of doing so other than pop?

I'm having trouble getting my first sync with pop to work, (if someone can recommend a better way, this part of the question will be irrelevant).  On the server, POP3 virtual server is enabled and SSL cert is installed.  The SSL cert is also installed on the smpt virtual server; I installed it here specifically for POP.

Do I just have to point port 995 to my server?

Thanks for the help.

Answer : Problem: Adding a second sbs exchange account to a mobile 6 device.

IMAP isn't a whole new topic... the question was really about the best way to add a second Exchange account to his mobile device.  And I would highly suggest that you use IMAP instead of POP3.

The benefits?  IMAP keeps your device in sync with the Exchange Mailbox, whereas POP3 will not necessarily match up back to whats on the server.  For instance, if you respond to a message using POP3, then the sent message won't show up in your Exchange Mailbox.  IMAP also syncs more than just email... Contacts, Calendar, whatever folders you have configured in Exchange can be synched.

To enable IMAP4 on your SBS you need to do the following:

1.  In the services.msc, start the Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service and set it to "automatic".
2.  If you have a TWO-NIC configuration, run the Configure Email and Internet Connection Wizard (CEICW -- linked as "Connect to the Internet on the To-Do list in the Server Management Console) and add IMAP4 to the Firewall Services Configuration Page opening PORT 143 TCP or 993 for SSL.
3.  If you have a hardware firewall/router, open port 143 (or 993) pointing to the SBS.

Jeff
TechSoEasy
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us