Question : Problem: Backups to passport stalls out

Hello Experts,

I am having a problem with a server backup.  We are using NovaBackup (software works very well) to back up a server 2003 machine to external hdd (Western Digital Passport 80 GB).  The problem is every time Nova tries to backup it stalls out part way through the backup.  There is no rhyme or reason why, it does not stop on any particular file every time and it does not give an error it just continues to say "backing up" perpetually.  If I run the exact same backup to the internal hdd it works flawlessly but that really does us no good.  It does not even stall at a certain percentage every time, its different each go.  I have had this problem with other external drives before to no real solution, I have tried trading cables with no avail.  Normally its not a big deal but since we are using this system to back up a server its very important.  Thanks for all of the help in advance.

Answer : Problem: Backups to passport stalls out

Sorry guys that I did not post a solution, but I solved my own problem.  The drive is supported by Nova, that was not the problem.  The problem ended up being the data chunk size.  I changed that to take a larger data chunk size that would include the entire backup and it worked flawlessly.  Thanks for the suggestion.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us