Question : Problem: CTX Presentation Srvr

Hi,

I have a domain called "abc.com" and CTX Presentation Server 3.0 (advanced edition) is installed here.
Now for a new project I want to install CTX Presentation Server 4.5 (advanced edition) for a another domain called "xyz.com". In fact "xyz.com" is physically located on a different site and on a different network. For installing this new one do I need to have the active directory details of "xyz.com" or can I proceed the installation without AD.

Please suggest.

If possible I hope I can create farmservers between these...

Answer : Problem: CTX Presentation Srvr

Are these domains in the same forest?  If so you should be able to get it to work, especially if you are in some sort of WAN.  I have not done any zones or load balancing with a mixed environment though, so not sure how that would work.  From what I have read it can work but is not necessarily recommended.  

If these are separate domains that access each other across a WAN or the internet then some sort of trust has to be done so they can use AD at each site.  Not my specialty so you may have to look at other questions or pose one in Win 2003 or AD area.

With the separate locations and mixed environments to me it would seem easier to keep each server with it's own farm.  Just give access to those that need the app at the other site access to the other farm as well.

Hope that helps a little, let me know if you need more info.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us