Question : Problem: how many remote desktop can be connected in a server

i have an AMD Athlon XP 3000 processor and 1 GB Ram as a Server which runs windows server 2003  on it . i have a question that how any remote desktop it can handle like say i have 30 client nodes connecting to it via remote desktop and every remote desktop user will run 2-3 applications simultaneously. currently we are sharing the data in server and running the applications on the client side but now we are planning to switch it over to RD mode

Experts please advice me is there any flaw in the setup or will work out or not or can be the better solution for this kind of scenario

Answer : Problem: how many remote desktop can be connected in a server

You will have a few issues here. First you need to get terminal server licensing. The default for 2003 is 2 remote desktop connections for administrator use. The next thing you need to determine is how many users will be on at once. This will help determine disk usage(how many disk you want in the array running their stuff) and memory(you need a lot more then a gig).

Also is this server acting as your domain controller? Your best setup is a second server doing nothing but terminal services.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us