Question : Problem: Automatic reverse remote connection?

Hello experts,

For some time I've been looking for a solution to this. No luck so far. Maybe because this is a really special case. Anyway, here it is:

I want to make use of the office's server (Windows 2003), who has a decent connection speed at night hours. I would like to be able to remotely connect to it, but there are some restrictions. I.e., incoming connections are not allowed, and for outgoing connections, the only usable port is the 80. Maybe the firewall could be also blocking non-HTTP traffic.

I would say I could solve the problem with a reverse connection, making the server connect to my home's pc, but that solution is not any functional because: 1) my PC won't be on every time; and 2) I cannot have a partner on the other side to start a connection (or reconnect in case of problems) during night.

So I would need "some" remote access software that would keep trying to connect to my PC (I could use a dynamic DNS service - I have a fixed IP address anyway), and once it gets connected, that was a reverse connection, being my PC the "client".

-To top it all- sometimes there's a power outage during night. This would reset the server. Because of that, I probably need that the remote access software runs as a service, to automatically reconnect to my PC once it's available.

What kind of software do I need here?

Thanks for the long read. ;)

Answer : Problem: Automatic reverse remote connection?

Because you can only go through port 80, you're going to have to use logmein or GoToMyPC as they both work over port 80.  LogMeIn also works as a service so you can set it up to start automatically in the case of a server reboot.  All you need to do to login to the server is to go to the http://logmein.com website enter your username and password and you will see the server in your account.  Since your connecting through port 80 the service will always be available to you from the outside, you don't need to worry about a reverse connection.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us