Question : Problem: veritas backup hanging

Im running veritas V 9.1 Rev 4691 on 2003 server. My total backup is about 85 gig my tapes support 100 gig non-compressed and the tape drive is 3 months old. I had this same problem about 3 months ago anwe ended up getting a new backup drive and some new tapes and eventually it worked again. Does anybody have any possible solutions???? Thanks

Answer : Problem: veritas backup hanging

Backup Exec 9.1 was always a bit shakey, most notably the remote agent stops with the "backup exec remote agent has encountered a problem and needs to close" error. Is the the error you have?
You can set recovery options on the recovery tab of the service in services.msc, setting it to restart the service automatically. There also appears to be an issue on 9.1 with the Veritas Advanced open file agent. Try not using it if you have the problem with the remote agent.
BTW, don't get confused with the name - BE uses the remote agent even on local backups.

Is your tape drive an AIT? If so, you need to get the drivers package for it, available at http://support.veritas.com/docs/273853. Also make sure you have the latest service pack for 9.1, SP5, I think.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us