Question : Problem: How to use an EIDE and SATA drive together - motherboard recommendations?

I have another question that is still open (as of now)
http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Windows/2000/Q_23357641.html

In dealing with that situation, I found that when I put an IDE and EIDE and SATA on an ABIT IS7 motherboard -- Vista would see the disks - but when I tried to install on the EIDE or SATA the darn thing would not install - I pulled out the non SATA drives and installed again, and this time Vista installed all the way and would run. (So I get to use the $250 spent on the OS with SP1 included - ouch)

Now I have at least 2 disks, and hopefully a 3rd (the 120GB IDE) that may have some old data on it in NTFS format.
I have a new EIDE (320GB) and a 1TB SATA drive -- that I need a machine for.
I have a copy of Vista Ultimate waiting - from a Microsoft Session in April. So that one I do not need to buy the OS for.

So what motherboard will allow me to use the 3 disks (if any)?
Do I have to use only the SATA driive? -
I bought an Adapter that said it would alllow me to use me IDE as a SATA (but it was never recognized in the ABIT IS7)
I would like to get Ultimate to have use of the Aero interface -- which leads to what Graphics card..
and finally - how can I keep the power consumption and noise levels low..
With those requirements -- What hardware configuration setup should I be looking for?

Answer : Problem: How to use an EIDE and SATA drive together - motherboard recommendations?

5 desktops and 5 laptops ... sounds like my collection :-)   [I have more desktops than that but only 2 laptops - my wife seems to think we have too many computers for just the two of us !!]

But of course a nice new Core 2 Quad with a couple of terabyte drives and a high end video card (GTX280 ??) would certainly be a nice addition to the collection :-)

... and it would certainly let you connect your 3 drives to it => so it would be an "answer" to this question !!  [Albeit not exactly the most economical one :-) ]
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us