Question : Problem: Internet sharing using 2 network adapters and wireless router

I have windows xp professional.
 I have 2 network adapters in first one i receive internet from my provider from cable A.
I have made internet sharing on adapter 1.
On second adapter , I have cable B that is pluged into a wireless router D-link Model DI-524.

From that router , I have a cable that goes out , and its linked to a desktop computer.

I dont know what settings should I make , in order to have internet on second desktop computer , and also on a  laptop that have wireless network adapter.( I want to have internet from internet sharing)

Please notice , I DO NOT want to plug the cable from my provider , direct into the router , and from the router give internet to both desktop computer and laptop!
Thanks in advance!

Answer : Problem: Internet sharing using 2 network adapters and wireless router

Ok.  To expand on my first post ...

As I understand, you want all Internet through the "Internet PC" which is dual homed - two NICs.  You have it connected to a router/switch which is wireless to a laptop and wired to another PC.  Like this:

Internet---I'PC---Switch(Router)))))))wireless laptop
                                     |
                                   PC

First of all - you don't want the D-Link doing ANY routing at all - so forget about the WAN port.  You want it to be a wireless AP for the laptop and a switch for the other PC.  Now, by default, DHCP is probably on on the D-Link, so you ought to turn it off.  You ought to change the LAN IP of the D-Link, since by default it's probably .1  If not, that's OK.  I like the default gateway (your Internet PC) as .1 but it's really no big deal.

The easiest thing to do is to enable routing on your Internet PC by using Internet Connection Sharing.  This routes between your Internet Provider's network assigned IP (public IP) and does Network Address Translation (NAT) for you.  It's real easy.  It also turns on DHCP.  So, then your other pc and your laptop will pull IP's from your Internet PC, not your D-Link, which is good.  Then, your other machines will simply be FORWARDED to your Internet PC by the SWITCH function of your D-Link.

The cable probably didn't work on the WAN port because the NIC in the PC are both DTE wired and the switch ports (LAN) ports are DCE.  

Hope this helps.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us