Question : Problem: Server contains documents

Hi Expert,

I'm not sure whether this is the right channel for me to post this question or not. I got 1 server (win 2k server with latest patches) running on the network.
This server is some sort like document server (all files and folders are stored in here).Hard disk size is 8x73GB.

Currently, I'm having a problem with some of the files gone missing or transfer to the other folders. It looks like some one has deleted all the files and folder., but when I search the folder, I 'll find it stored in other places.Some time I couldn't find it at all. Just gone missing.
It happen few times already. Is there anything wrong with the server (virus etc).

Answer : Problem: Server contains documents

I'm almost 100% certain this is due to someone moving or deleting the files. It happens all the time. It doesn't have to be done with bad intent. Raid 5 isn't the same as one HD. A raid controller will realize there is a bad disk and remove it from the array. This causes the array to be shown as "degraded" by the controller's software utility. You would then have to replace that bad drive. This all happens before it having any impact on the data, as raid 5 is fault tolerant. If two disks would be broken at the same time the array would stop functioning completely and then all the partitions that belong to that array would be gone from the server.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us