Question : Problem: Bare Metal Restore on Server or SBS 2003

Hi Experts,

You have been incredibly helpful on this particular subject before so I will fire away...

I am looking for a complete bare metal restore solution using a combination of software (for example Backup Exec) and removable media (ie DLT etc etc).  I am now happy with file backups etc but need to know that I could recover an ENTIRE system onto a completely different box in case of emergency and have all the domain PCs etc just login and not know the difference.

In your experience, what is the best way of doing this (tried and tested)?  As you know, this job is a lot less stressful when you know you have a robust backup strategy.

Thanks

Ciscan

Answer : Problem: Bare Metal Restore on Server or SBS 2003

If  you are alright with USB drives or network location for destination of you backup then in my recommendation the Backup Exec for System Recovery for Small Business Servers

Its is an imaging application and u can run FULL and Incremental images

In the event of a disaster u can even remotely recover you server if it has RILO or DRAC for a remote restart

The recovery takes minutes to complete and the server restarts to a pre-disaster state

It will also allow you to recover individual item eg mails or mailboxes from the image using the Granular Restore Option

for more information refer to the following

Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 8.5 General Information

http://support.veritas.com/docs/306981  

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us