Question : Problem: How do two users sync outlook to one Blackberry device

We have a small administration staff of about 10 users that have Outlook 2007 installed of which we access basic POP3 or IMAP email accounts.  Of these 10 users most of us have Pocket PCs so we carry around our calendars and address books with us when we are out of the office and we can sync these with Outlook on our desktops.  All but one of us does NOT need to share our calendars with anyone else.

My boss however would like his secretary to be able to access from her desktop his calendar and to make changes to it that will sync automatically to his blackberry.  We've tried a shared calendar that wasn't too user friendly (it did not sync with his Outlook but appeared as a separate calendar so he would have to copy them to his Outlook calendar manually and then sync it with his blackberry).  This was slow and wasn't useful at all when he was away from his office.

He doesn't even care if he has outlook on his PC as he lives by his Blackberry but if we can have her sync his blackberry in real-time and also to his outlook calendar on his desktop that would be ideal.  The key here is he needs the change to appear on his blackberry calendar as close to real-time as reasonable.  Right now if he is away all day and doesn't get a change to sync to his desktop he has no idea what he has on his schedule for the next day.

I looked at an exchange server but purchasing wasn't feasable for one user and the companies that offer host exchange services won't sell just one account (or at least that I have found) that also sync with a Blackberry.  I am thinking a webserver based calendar program that allows for real-time syncing to a blackberry without the blackberry user having to be at a PC to syncronize would be the right fit.

Any suggestions of solutions.  We do have our own linux webservers if that could possibly be a part of the solution.

Answer : Problem: How do two users sync outlook to one Blackberry device

The mailtrust noteworthy application has been working well for a week now.  My boss' secretary can sync to his noteworthy account and we have his blackberry syncs to it as well every 30 minutes so he gets updates within 30 minutes of her altering his schedule.  The added bonus is we can use the web calendar and see each other's calendars, which is something we never thought we needed but am already finding it useful
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us