Question : Problem: Reduce fan noise from HP DL380 using support pack

I have recently bought a second hand HP DL380 G2. When I first bought the machine it had Mandriva on it.
When it first boots the machine is quite noisy due to the many fans onboard. After the OS had booted the fans settled down so that the noise dropped off considerably.

I have now installed MS SBS 2003 onto the device. After booting the fan noise continues at the same level. There is no drop off in fan noise. After searching around I have heard that installing the Proliant support pack would give me something called cpqhealth which would reduce the fan noise.

I am struggling a bit with this, can someone help me. I have downloaded the latest support pack, but cannot find anything called cpqhealth.

Any help would be appreciated. My neighbours would also be grateful, as the server is in the garage at the bottom of the garden and it is them that it is likely to upset!! :)

Answer : Problem: Reduce fan noise from HP DL380 using support pack

The Advanced System Management controller driver - http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/26005.html should deal with the fans but it's best to install the entire proliant support pack, also gets you the latest firmware.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us