Question : Problem: Hp dv5 has black lines in the upper left part of the screen. how can I fix that ?

I just got an Hp dv5, and I get about 4 to 5 black lines on the upper left part of the screen. The laptop is practically new, has no drops or bumps at all, I did a complete restore of the system, I update it the video drivers, still no change. Being so new, I was thinking of checking the cable that connects the motherboard to the screen, but Im afraid of opening it by myself. Does anyone have a link with a guide to opening the dv5 ?. Ar the black lines meaning that I should check the inverter, or replace the screen altogheter ?.

Answer : Problem: Hp dv5 has black lines in the upper left part of the screen. how can I fix that ?

I agree. If you open it up they could blame you and not honor warranty as there often many little tape-down points and such that would show an experienced tech that you had opened it up. Not worth the risk if it is under warranty. The fact that the screen artifacts don't change when you gently torque the bezel argues for a bad lcd screen as is very well detailed in sparkmakers link
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us