Question : Problem: Motherboard HDMI to HDMI on Samsung LE32R87BDX LCD Problem???

Firstly let me start by saying the main problem is with sound, and i have not tried DVI connection yet.

The problem i have is that i decided to make a htpc using a asus m2a-vm hdmi motherboard http://uk.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=...85&modelmenu=1 and i decided to connect it to my samsung le32r87bdx lcd screen using hdmi to hdmi and connecting it to hdmi socket 2 on the lcd but the problem is that i have crystal clear display 1360x768 and no sound even though windows vista is showing sound is dbeing played so i know its not the motherboard or pc, but something after that.

its worth noting that sound does work on hdmi socket 1 and 3 on the lcd but the picture is rubbish due to 720p or 1080i scaling so i dont want to use that but funnily enough when i connect it to say hdmi 1 and then put it into hdmi 2 straigh away the sound momentarily works but is speed up and upon rebooting the pc the sound dissapears again????

can you please help me i am soo confused and upset as i have spent all my money on this htpc and i cant use the hdmi????

please guys i can you reply to this.

thnakyou in advance

harry1988
=============

Answer : Problem: Motherboard HDMI to HDMI on Samsung LE32R87BDX LCD Problem???

I think there's a problem with the Samsung, based on what you described.  All HDMI ports should function identically, so one working and the other not working is an indication of a problem.  Picture quality should be the same on all ports, and sound should work on all ports.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us