Question : Problem: Physical topology for MDT Zero Touch?

I need to begin planning for an eventual Vista deployment and would like to begin re-engineering the deployment infrastucture that we have using MDT (which I can use to maintain our current XP environment as well). Ideally, I would want to have a dedicated deployment server with MDT installed seperate from our existing SMS 2003 site server so I can begin experimenting with Lite Touch with the option to convert to Zero Touch down the line. My question is this: is there any way to integtate a seperate dedicated MDT "deployment server" with an SMS 2003 site server for Zero-Touch or does MDT and SMS (with OSD Feature Pack) need to reside on the same physical server in order to Zero Touch to work properly?

Answer : Problem: Physical topology for MDT Zero Touch?

I don't believe MDT integrates with SMS 2003 & OSD like it does with SCCM. You instead have to treat them seperately.

When you create a deployment point in the workbench you can choose an SMS 2003 OSD deploy point.

To answer your question tho: Yes do your LTI testing and whatnot now, under a local LAB distribution on your seperate server and then when you're ready create another deployment point in MDT for the SMS 2003 OSD, when you can then look at full ZTI, with minimal re-work.

Cheers, Mike...
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us