Question : Problem: How to Prevent HP scannig software from reducing scan area from A4

Hi,
I and many of my clients are having issues with HP scannig software. When scanning A4 documents, it tends to try and work out what bit actually needs to be scaned and therefore reduces the scanning zone.
But in most cases we are scanning A4 documents and we do not want the scanning zone reduced.

YEs, we can on each scan page stretch the little scan area, but this is very frustrating when you have a 20 page document to scan and it has shrunk down the scanning area because it sees the border of each page as a non scannable area.

Is there anything that can be done about this to prevent the software from applying this scan area size reduction. I want A4 everytime and if I choose to reduce it I will.

Thanks

Answer : Problem: How to Prevent HP scannig software from reducing scan area from A4

OK so this is what I found for a HP 5200 series printer. I'm sure this settings can be found on all similiar HP printers/scanners in the HP solution centre software.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
To set a default scan profile
1 Start the HP Solution Center.
2 On the Settings menu, point to Scan Settings, and then click Button Settings. The Button Settings dialog box, which has a tab for each configurable button, opens.

Note     Your HP scanning device might have two types of scan button settings  Front Panel Scan Button Settings and Solution Center Scan Button Settings.

3 Click the tab that corresponds to the button for which you want to set a default scan profile.
4 Ensure that What are you scanning? is set to the correct option (Picture or Document).

Tip     Hewlett-Packard recommends applying profiles for picture scanning to buttons that are set up for picture scanning, and recommends applying profiles for document scanning to buttons that are set up for document scanning. Applying profiles for one type to buttons for the other type can result in errors.

5 Click either Scan Picture Settings or Scan Document Settings.

The appropriate dialog box opens.

6 Select the Apply Scan Profile check box.
7 From the Apply Scan Profile list, select the scan profile that you want.

Tip     To view the profile applied to that button, click View Scan Profile.

8 Click OK to save the scan settings.
9 Click OK to save the button settings.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In any case, I have set my default profile on the printer to scan all documents as pictures and save as jpg. Under the "scan picture settings" I found a scan entire glass (see picture).

With a little settings tweaking you can create the wished default.
I hope this helps a little.

Scan Picture Settings
Scan Picture Settings

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us