Question : Problem: how to manually create a printer in ica session

i had a lot of printer drivers installed on my presentation servers and i gradually mapped them to citrix recommended drivers, added the drivers to compatabality and made sure the available drivers are replicated to all servers. now i get some errors in my event viewers with event ids of 1104 and 1107. saying printer cannot be autocreated as it is in the compatability list. i check the mappings and it is there for that driver. sometimes a user dosent see the auto created printer. is there a way i could shadow the user session and manually create the printer for him if it failed to create it automatically. do i need to worry about these error messages in the event viewer saying mappings are incorrect. but the users havent complaied. question is, i have done everything i could as i mentioned above, what should i do if still the printer is not auto created for the user.

Answer : Problem: how to manually create a printer in ica session

Ah, you may have to create a script for some users.  I know that is going to be a pain as I remember you have hundreds of printers.  Are the users seeing some printers but not others?  For troubleshooting you may need to log into a full desktop so you can see more of what is going on.  You could map out their printer, logoff, and then it should retain their printer for their next session.  I don't know if this is possible in your situation.  If this is just for a few specific problem users this could work.   If you have hundreds or even dozens of people with this problem then you are going to have to look at scripting or perhaps a third party printing solution.  
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us