Question : Problem: Iomega USB REV drive not recognized under PC DOS

I customarily back up my hard drive to an Iomega USB REV drive every week, using an application called Norton Ghost for REV.  This software is apparently no longer supported by Iomega or Symantec.  

As of yesterday, the REV drive is no longer detected when booting from the Ghost for REV floppy disk.  The REV drive is still detected under Windows 2000, and has drag-and-drop functionality.  

When I connect this REV drive to another computer (with an identical motherboard) and use the same floppy boot disk, the drive is detected normally.  I have tried substituting other PCI USB adapter cards, always with the same result.

Assistance troubleshooting this problem would be much appreciated.

Answer : Problem: Iomega USB REV drive not recognized under PC DOS

I just found  an application which can create a disc image on the REV drive without the use of DOS USB drivers.  The other program is R-Disk Image version 3.0.   Although the program vendor does not list REV drives as supported (and the REV manufacturer does not list the software as compatible), I created and restored an image of my hard drive successfully.  The image is created while running Windows normally, and restored by booting into Windows with a modified user interface.

I am going to give up on using PC DOS with this REV drive, and ask that this question be withdrawn.  Thank you for your good efforts.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us