Question : Problem: Transferring Itunes library from external hdd attached to Apple G4  to new PC

I've finally given up on my Apple G4 and I have a new PC running XP Pro available to me. My question is will I be able to create and use a new Itunes library from the songs (14000 +) that are currently on my external hard drive. It is a Western Digital Mybook 500 GB. When I look at the volume on my MAC it says that the external drive is DOS formatted. Can this be true and does this mean that a PC will be able to read the drive? Will I be able to add the tunes to a new Itunes library?

Answer : Problem: Transferring Itunes library from external hdd attached to Apple G4  to new PC

paconner,

As far as your iTunes library I suggest copying the library files from your current iTunes folder.  After installing iTunes on the XP computer and starting it once you can move the files into the new computer.  This will make it so your library is already set up.  Let me know if you need details.  You can open a new question for this if you want a lot of help.

b0lsc0tt
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us