Question : Problem: Is it time to replace server?

I have a customer with 4 y/o gateway 960 server. Very recently I believe there was an electrical event onsite causing several problems on the server. Now the server is behaving strangely. A front case fan, a cpu fan and one of the redundant power units went out all at the same time. I have replaced the fans, but they show in the management software that there are not running...but they are by visual inspection I have replaced the secondary power supply...but it will not work. I inserted the secondary power unit and get yellow caution light on power unit and when I unplug primary, the server will not start up. I switched it back then got a blue screen with memory dump. I started in safe mode, rebooted and got the server running again normally but with some WMI event 10 errors now. This has been a very good server with no problems until now ( I have babied it). I am thinking it is time to replace before it goes out and have no replacement server causing the doctors office where located  to be shut down while awaiting a new one. All of the medical records reside on the server. I feel there are too many electrical problems to trust this server for much longer. I can replace the unit for 2500 to 3000 dollars...am I being overly cautious?  Just want a second opinion :)
thx

Answer : Problem: Is it time to replace server?

I agree with  all comments presented here, if you choose to purchase a new motherboard or even a power distribuition board like the one that provides redundancy for the power supply, do you think that it will be worth the cost? in most cases if the server is really old, you will find a refurbished  part that will work fine for a while and then what? you will wait for another part to break down?  the best solution for you bakcup first, upgrade your hardware before it is too late, then even if this is a small office think about the future in case they grow up and then at least a raid 1 with a good raid controller that will provide enough capacity for extra hard drives in case you need more redundancy like a raid 5 with three hdds. :)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us