Question : Problem: The iTunes window is transparent

When I open up iTunes, the iTunes window is transparent.  I can see the background behind it, and I only see the black font of the iTunes window.  There is no white background for iTunes, instead it is transparent.  Here are the things I have tried, that have not worked: I have done sfc /scannow from the boot disk. I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes.  I have tired iTunes in Safe Mode, but it doesn't work at all.  The problem occurs for all users.

Answer : Problem: The iTunes window is transparent

I fixed it. Originally, when I opened iTunes, you could barely see the words, but the background was now the background of my desktop. I could bring down a menu, but it wasn't acting normally. I am using Windows XP Home, SP3. After a lot of research, I read that it's a problem with DirectX. I used dxdiag and saw which dll's had problems. Reinstalling DirectX had no effect. (Reinstalling iTunes and QuickTime had no effect.) From dxdiag, I wrote down which were the problem dll's. For example, ddraw.dll was one of them. I finally just did a search on the problem dll's (there were 3) and they were located in the cabinet files in the DirectX download. On each problem dll that came up in the Microsoft Search box, I right-clicked and selected Extract. I extracted them to the system32 folder. I tried iTunes again and it worked fine. You'd think that re-installing DirectX would've placed the dll's in the correct place, but they were no where else on my computer but in those cabinet files.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us