Question : Problem: P3 Connection from power supply burnt out looking? What does this mean?

The P3 Connector from the power supply looked burnt. What does this mean? What is going on to cause this? Is this rust or a short? Overheating?

The symptoms that prompted me to pull this was computer was powering on but could not get any video to display. Push power putton, hear hdd turn on, light on mobo green but no video.

After cleaning dust from case and wiggling this P3 connector everything works as normal. Do I need to replace?

Answer : Problem: P3 Connection from power supply burnt out looking? What does this mean?

I would not take any chances with the current power supply. For $45.00 you may save yourself a lot of money computer wise. Also, take a look at your motherboard where the power connectors attach. You're looking for burn marks, popped capacitors, etc. If you boot your system up again you can enter the BIOS and take a look at the Power settings. Normally they will show what voltages are being supplied (5 volt, etc.). As an example, my systems BIOS will generate a pre-boot error on all voltage mismatches.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us