Question : Problem: Post error with HP DC7700 and Creative sound blaster LIve external 24bit

I have 3 DC7700 Ultra Slim PCs that all have the same problem. If I plug in a Creative Sound Blaster Live External 24 Bit sound card they will work fine until reboot. Then they hang at the POST screen with "1024MB" in upper left corner, "v01.09" in the lower left corner, and "HP Compaq dc7700 Ultra-slim Desktop" and " " in the lower right corner. At this point the system is locked up and unresponsive. CTRL ALT DEL does not reboot the computer and the F keys don't work. If I power it off and reboot I get the same results. If I remove the USB sound card and power it off it will boot normally. If I then plug the sound card in while it is on the sound card will function normally until I reboot the PC and it hangs. I have tried 3 different Creative SBLive Sound cards of the same model with the same results. I also have the same issue with a single DC5700 as well. I have tried disabling the Bios options for boot from removable media and moved the boot from USB down the boot order list past the internal HD.

Answer : Problem: Post error with HP DC7700 and Creative sound blaster LIve external 24bit

It couldn't hurt to try a USB card or even an external powered USB  Hub.

I hope this helps !

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us