Question : Problem: Active Sync + iPhone = No Messages but Authenticates/Connects Fine.

We have a microsoft exchange server which does all FE/BE roles.  We have a certificate from godaddy on that server, RPC over HTTPS has worked fine for ages, when visiting the active sync url i get the prompted for the credentials, upon entering them I get the correct response:

HTTP/1.1 501 Not Implemented

I can see in the IIS AcitveSync logs that the user is authenticating fine and trying to get the IPM_NON_SUBTREE and folder lists but the iPhone does not show any email its just blank.  I do not have any microsoft windows mobile devices to test with, only a few iPhones.  Currently I've only tested with this one iPhone.  Other users have iphones in this organization but they're all high level execs and I don't want to take their phone with them only to hand it back to them still using imap, they wouldn't be happy. :(

Any ideas? I'm not sure how else I could test this.  

Answer : Problem: Active Sync + iPhone = No Messages but Authenticates/Connects Fine.

Are these new iPhones - 3G or with version 2.0 software?  If not, they would need to be upgraded - many have tried to make EAS work with older phones, many have failed...including me.

If they are the new phones, do you have the SSL certificate enabled on the Activesync and OMA directories?  If so, you would have to use HTTPS and not HTTP to make the connection.  Also, if you are using SSL in a single-server environment, you may be experiencing the problem explained in this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817379
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us