Question : Problem: I have HP laser printer...only one side is printing?  fading out in the middle of the page.

what should i do?

with my attempt to fix this problem; with a light air, i blew off the toner dusk of the toners and drums.  
then i allowed the printer to self clean several times.  My end result showed the same problem:  printing only on one side.  

So, my question is that should i buy another drum and risk 150-200 dollars if the problem is not in the drum.  or my other option is to buy a new one?

What other things i should try before buying anything?  clean? other diagnosis?   thanks.  I would really appreciate your input.  

Answer : Problem: I have HP laser printer...only one side is printing?  fading out in the middle of the page.

I agree with Ineedccs. It sounds like a fuser issue. Laserjet are rated for so many pages before needing a "maintenance" kit. The maintenance kit includes pickup rollers, fuser and a few more odds and ends. The maintenance kit will cost you about $200. Is it worth it? That is a judgement call. New printer vs maintenance kit. The maintenance kit will probably work but then you'll have a five year old printer with new parts. Don't you just love management decisions?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us