Question : Problem: Unable to ghost Optiplex 755

I'm currently in the process of attempting to create a ghost image of a Dell Optiplex GX 755 desktop.  If I create a network boot floppy and attempt to boot to it, I receive a message saying:

"Remove disks or other media
Press any key to restart."

This indicates that there is no boot sector.  However, If I create another boot disk with different drivers using the same process, it boots without a problem.  But alas, the drivers don't work.

I've tried removing the drivers from the disk that boots, and putting the e1000.dos drivers (intel pro 1000) which the optiplex 755 uses to no avail.

I've tried creating a bart PE disk with the correct drivers.  I've tried the UBCD with the drivers.  These two solutions are a bit more time consuming so maybe I'm using PE builder incorrectly.  I can boot to a Bart PE disk and even run ghost, but it will freeze after about 20 seconds.

I've read through most of the threads that deal with this problem to no avail.  Also, symantec no longer supports Ghost 8.0 (2003)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Answer : Problem: Unable to ghost Optiplex 755

Have you tried the Intel Pro 100 Drivers ? They might work as well. As you stated, UBCD and BartPE are booting without a problem and a Standard Boot Diskette Works.

I would try to make a simple network boot diskette with PRO 100 and PRO 1000 Drivers. Once booted, you can always flip another floppy containing the Ghost.exe in it. Sometimes, using a similar driver, specially in dos, solves the problem.

The last thing to try would be to create a Bootable CD-rom with the software provided by Notron Ghost. In that Cd, you will be able to put multiple drivers to try (Such as Intel Generical Drivers).
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us