Question : Problem: HP LJ 4100 JetDirect printer cannot be pinged or accessed with valid IP assigned

This printer had it's JetDirect card replaced recently.  I'm trying to get it on the network again, but cannot ping any IP address that I assign to it.  We have another HP LaserJet on this same network. with IP 10.8.0.31.  I've assigned this "new" printer 10.8.0.32 and also tried 10.8.0.32, as both IP's are available.  I've assigned the same mask and gateway on the new printer, and the I/O card is in a Ready state.  This printer for some reason is not shared on a server, so I have no way of telling which IP it had originally assigned to it.  I've located which interface it's terminated to on our Cisco switch, and it's state  is up up.  It is assigned to the correct VLAN as well, the same VLAN that 10.8.0.31 is assigned to.

Answer : Problem: HP LJ 4100 JetDirect printer cannot be pinged or accessed with valid IP assigned

So it sounds like it's not communicating with the DHCP server yet the Cisco is showing activity on it's port.
It could be a cabling issue - it's possible that the transmit pair could be communicating fine (which would explain why the Cisco shows it's active) but the receive pair is not.

Can you test the wall jack (if you don't have a tester do you have a laptop that you can connect to that port to see if it gets on the network) or try a different patch cable?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us