Question : Problem: Ipod Nano not responding after soft and hard reset

Hi,
I have a first generation Ipod Nano 2GB and the buttons have stopped responding. I've reset it holding menu select (which is strange seeing as the buttons seem to not be responding any other time) and when that didn't fix the problem, I restored it via computer. Still nothing... The ipod is out of warranty, so i'm looking for a FIY solution.

As mentioned, the buttons are responding when doing a soft reset, however don't respond any other time.

The screen i am stuck on now is the language selection screen, which appeared after my hard reset.

I've pretty much tried everything possible that I was able to find on the internet. ie.
-Soft Reset
-Hard Reset (Restore)
-Toggle the hold switch
-Pry casing open, and then close again
-Clean around the buttons/wheel with a razor blade...

Nothing has worked so far... I even tried to drop it on the floor from about 2 feet to try to knock some sense into it...

I posted this with a value of 200 points and after about 2 weeks still have no solution, so i've brought the value up to 500 points.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Answer : Problem: Ipod Nano not responding after soft and hard reset

Try the take apart, that would be the only other option.  If that does not work, then it would need to be sent into Apple or the Apple Store for repair because it is damaged in some wway.

It is up to you how you want to close the question.  Points are always appreciated :) but the goal is to help you resolve your issue.  If helping you get to the conclusion that you need a new iPod, that is a resolution of sorts, as well :)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us