Question : Problem: HP UPS and HP power Management

Hi i want to install an hp ups to protect three server on my network all three servers(server a, server b and server c) from any power failure. I am planning to connect the ups to server "A' by means of a serial cord and use it as the ups server manager and i want to deploy remote agents to the two remaining servers i have the following three questions:
first i already know the steps on how to configure the server to safely shut down after there has been a power loss i need to know if there is any way i can force the server to automaticaly start backup after power is restored if there is a way how can i perform this task.

Second The ups has two load segments does it matter in terms of performance if connect all servers to one segment or if i connect the servers to different segments in terms of performance.
third does any one has a best practice document on how to implement hp power management (please note that i already have the user manual)
finally i am using hp power management version 4.0 and windows 2003 server on all three servers

Answer : Problem: HP UPS and HP power Management

You would have to test this by simulating a power loss but it should work.
Simply set the BIOS on each machine to restart after a power failure.
Most machines will start as soon as AC power comes up even if shut down normally.

The segments won't matter for performance as long as the segments can handle the total load placed on them.
But, spreading the load as much as possible will make the UPS work less hard and it should last longer.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us